Friday, November 09, 2007

Long Days

The time change we had last weekend is nice because it feels like a little more time added to the day but the darkness factor always throws me off. Right now it's still dark when I leave for school and/or get up to take care of babies and it's also pitch black by 5:30 in the afternoon. Somehow that makes the days feel long but not in a good sense.

I had a crappy day at school yesterday and I just couldn't get myself to snap out of my bad mood. Chemistry is really dragging me down. At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to pass the class with the required C I need, let alone get a decent grade in there. I'm so not OK with that academically speaking but I am truly giving it my all and that hasn't been enough. I never thought this would prove to be so hard for me but it's really throwing me for a loop. I met with my tutor yesterday and she made me feel a little better at least. Hopefully it will end up OK and I can put it behind me (at which point I get to move on to physics, oh joy) but I guess we'll see. I realize that I can only do what I can do and that sometimes I'm not able to put all this into true perspective since it feels so all-important to me. Very worst case scenario will be that I have to re-take the lecture component of the class and I know that's not the end of the world so...whatever.

Melba

No comments: