Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Break

Well it's finally here - Thanksgiving break! I am feeling elated today and very much in need of the few days I will have away from school. I still have to stay organized and work on my projects so I don't get behind but still...there is way less pressure for me during the next few days and I'm immensely relieved!

Tomorrow I'm going to my sister's house in Monroe to scrapbook for the day. I'm hoping to get a lot done but we'll see. If nothing else it will be a great chance to see my mom and two sisters and I know we'll have a good time. I'm also planning to make the pumpkin rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night when I get home. I bought all the stuff today after class so 'll be ready to bake when I get back to the house. Kroger's was PACKED with all the people doing their Thanksgiving shopping. It was rather nightmarish but I just put a smile on my face and made the best of the crammed aisles and crabby people, what else can you do? :)

Michael is a little under the weather and has been taking Nyquil the past couple of nights. I miss our evening time together but mostly I want him to rest and feel better soon.

We were very annoyingly disturbed tonight by the Kirby vacuum sales people who were canvasing our neighborhood at 8:00 on a week night. Or was it a scam?? They seemed legit in their uniforms but I certainly felt uneasy after being given the sales pitch at my front door. I honestly think one of my biggest pet peeves is having sales people of any sort come to the door. The phone calls are bad enough but when someone rings the doorbell at 8:00 p.m. you can't help but think something might be wrong. Whatever. We got the nuisances to go away so that's all that matters but SERIOUSLY!!

MSL

No comments: