Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Harvest

My parents live on four acres of land and have a beautiful garden. We went to eat dinner with them last night and the meal was almost entirely home grown. I'm so proud of what they've done in their spare time! The images below hardly do justice to reality since they were taken with my cell phone. You'll have to forgive the quality a little.



I keep trying to get my mom to start a gardening blog because I think she has a lot of talent and knowledge she could pass on to the likes of me. No such luck so far though! Anyway...our dinner was fabulous, the best I've had in a long time! The food tasted so much fresher--even the potatoes we dug up tasted better than store bought ones. I can't exactly put my finger on what the difference is, they just taste better.



The peppers were by far the most abundant plants, at least as of right now. They were gorgeous, much prettier than the ones in our local Kroger's, and this is without any pesticides! Did I mention I'm really proud of what my parents have done?





My mom took all the veggies and chopped them up into a lovely summer medly. She added a little bit of fresh dill and some Mrs. Dash seasoning and the result was a delicious veggie stir fry. YUM!






No comments: