Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Issues

I got some depressing news yesterday, which I can't really share here since it's not about me. Suffice it to say that someone very close to me is having some health concerns and complications. I'm worried, and this has made me realize just how much I take fro granted every single day. The reassuring beat of my heart; the steady, rhythmic filling and emptying of my lungs; the strength of my feet and legs...all of the constant work performed by my body, simply so that I may exist. The fact is that life is actually quite precious, and I think I need to be a little more grateful for what I've got. I was outside mowing the yard just now; and it's such a fresh, beautiful day . The sun is shining, the birds are singing, all seems right with the world...except that it isn't. The illusion of peace can be a strong one, but in actuality there is much turmoil out there in this big, overwhelming world.

On a slightly lighter note and speaking of mowing the yard, I calculated that I've mowed the yard approximately 312 times in my lifetime. This is based on the idea that there are about 24 weeks in a typical mowing season. I'll be 33 in August and I've been the designated yard girl for 13 of those years. I think it should be someone else's turn to mow the yard for a change!

1 comment:

Duck Hunter said...

I hope things for the person in your thoughts turns out good.

My thought on yard work. . . I wish I had a yard girl.