Monday, August 25, 2008

Hydrotherapy

We got home from a week on Portage Lake near the Huron River yesterday. My parents rented a cabin for the week, and we were able to enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy for a few days! The weather was very cooperative, with only a couple of storms scattered here and there. We spent a lot of time swimming in the lake, tubing, riding around in the boat, and enjoying lakeside camp fires in the evenings. I enjoyed the time with my family, and today I truly feel refreshed.

Not all was sunshine and roses though...Michael lost his wedding ring while we were swimming in the lake on Friday. :( This was very upsetting to both of us since he's had that ring for the better part of 12 years. We both know it's just a thing, but it's a pretty important one and we're sad. We'll get something new, I'm sure...but I have no idea when that will be possible. Years ago I took a photo of his hand with that ring, and I'm really hoping I can find the image in my files now. It's a little unsettling to realize that while I can remember the ring in my mind, I can't reproduce it on paper, try as I might.

All in all, and despite having lost the ring, I had a very relaxing week on the lake,

from sunrise...

...to sunset,


our vacation was an excellent commemoration to the end of summer.

I'm having trouble believing how quickly the season of sun has flown by, but it's true that the end is near. School starts up again next week and slowly but surely, I'm beginning to feel ready for the challenges of this coming semester. I'm hoping to be subbing a lot more this year, which should be interesting. I plan on spending most of the rest of this week getting the house in top shape, and making some bases for meals like chili and spaghetti, which we will want when the days get colder. My goal is to make life as easy as possible for myself on the home front so that school stress won't get the best of me.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Its so frustrating. We know where the ring is not far from shore just in 15 to 20 feet of water.. Grrrrrr

Duck Hunter said...

Is it possible to use some sort of metal detector? I don't know if that would work in the water.

Otherwise, glad you had a great time. Those are two great shots. I love the same shot, different times of day.

Hill upon Hill said...

I am so sorry about the ring and know what you mean in your thoughts about it. Fantastic photos. I will enjoy browsing through, I am sure your walls look great.