Friday, January 02, 2009

So Much to Say...

2009 is here, which is still blowing my mind a little if I'm being honest. Where has all the time gone? This holiday season has been particularly busy, full of family gatherings and things to do. I had so many great ideas for what I would do with my time away from school and now the hourglass of my Christmas break is almost empty. I still have a few days, and if I'm productive I can make good use of them, but still...I won't get nearly as much done as I had hoped.

There is so much I wanted to write about and I haven't even been a good blogger lately! My younger sister and I had a crazy trip to Indiana two days before Christmas where we got stranded in an ice storm on the back country roads of Indiana. We ended up staying over into Christmas Eve because the roads were so horrible. I had an entire blog entry in my mind about this story but now it's fizzled somewhat.

There has just been so much in such a short time:
  • The birth of my newest niece, Lydia Grace
  • Christmas preparations including getting our tree and decorating the house
  • The 2nd birthday of my now two-year-old niece, Ava Marie
  • A Christmas party for my nephew, Nick, who was visiting from Indiana
  • The crazy trip to IN to take Nick home in time for other holiday functions
  • Christmas with Michael
  • Michael's 37th birthday, which included a big family dinner at our house
  • Our family Christmas
  • Our 12th wedding anniversary
  • New Year's Eve Celebrations
  • New Year's Day Family dinner
Not to mention all the preparations, present wrapping, cooking, cleaning, and effort that went into all these parties and celebrations. Not that any of this is bad...in fact quite the contrary is true. I'm just a little overwhelmed by how much there's been...and how much other stuff I haven't gotten done. My next semester starts in three more days and as of right now, it's scheduled to be my craziest semester yet with 19 credit hours. Alarm bells are ringing in my head!

I know I just have to slow down and do what I can...not worry too much about the rest. My mantra lately has been "be where you are" and I'm trying to carry that all the way through. Still, there were friends I wanted to catch up with, hobbies I wanted to dip into, chores and house projects I wanted to work on...so much I wanted to do that I simply didn't do over this break. It's a little overwhelming to say the least. 2009 has started with a bang!


No comments: