Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Service Complete!

At long last, I'm done with jury duty!! If you're interested in reading about the case I was on, check out this article. They do a much better job of summing up what was a very long, complicated, and convoluted story than I ever could.

Needless to say, I am 1000 times relieved to have this trial over with; however, I will say that I have learned a lot over the past several weeks. For one, I've learned that I am capable of doing more than I think I can do, and that my life really wasn't that stressful before! :) I've also learned so much about the law and about the proceedings of court cases. There were many interesting moments, mingled with many moments too dull to describe. Overall the experience was a positive one I won't soon forget.

Now it's time for me to "bite back" and play a major game of catch up with school. I've done pretty well keeping it all together, but I do have much work to catch up with. There are only a few weeks of school left and I can already imagine how sweet the recoup time will be!

In other news, we welcomed a new family member yesterday! My niece, Lydia Grace was born at 4:26 p.m. So far everyone is doing well and she is so sweet!






No comments: