Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do You Wanna' Be a Drummer?

My neighbor has recently taken up learning how to play the drums. This is an interesting endeavor, to say the least. From over here, all I can hear is a steady, if annoying thumping noise. I think all the nuances are drowned out along the way. I'm not really bothered by the noise, it's sort of like a methodical thud in the background of my life, to which I've become more or less desensitized. He sure is dedicated though, the "music" just keeps going and going. That reminds me of that Energizer Bunny commercial from a while back where the bunny would drum endlessly. I sort of feel sorry for the people who live with him though...my neighbor, not the energizer bunny!




1 comment:

annieology said...

My 16 year old thinks he wants to drum. He's buying his own though, so we're hoping his impatience gets the best of him and he moves on to something quieter.