Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Longer Days

We "sprang forward" much earlier than normal this year. Even though it's a tad hard to get used to the time change, I love the longer days. Normally in March it's still getting dark at like 5:30 or 6:00 but now it's almost 8:00 before it's really dark! You wouldn't think the extra daylight hours would make that big a difference to the body but oh man do they!

With the exception of Monday (as the first real day of activity after the time change) I've been in a better mood this week than I have in a long time. More energy overall and just happier to exist. This is a welcome change and even though it's still cold out there I can feel spring in the air. So can the birds and they are chirping cheerfully on our front porch, even on the bitterly cold mornings!

I love the changing of the seasons, there's so much anticipation in the world right now. And soon the snow will melt and the baby flowers will begin to show their tiny buds...oh how I long for spring and warmer days!

No comments: