Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heat Wave

Back in the spring, someone I was talking to predicted this would be a hot simmer.  Turns out they were right.  We're currently in the midst of a heat wave the likes of which I've never seen.  All the news stations are reporting, "excessive heat warnings" & relentlessly advising us how to stay cool.  Something happens to your brain when you see things like, "feels like 115" at the left.  Suddenly you become extremely curious.  "What exactly does 115 degrees feel like?" you wonder.  So you go outside and find out.  It's not so bad at first, then you decide to move.  Wow, that's hot.  I walked to my neighbor's house two doors down this afternoon, with our two-year-old on my shoulders and by the time I got there, I was wilting.

I feel very fortunate that I have access to central air and AC in my car, and that going outside is a choice for me.  I really can't figure out how people who work outside for a living are functioning through this extreme heat.  I got out early to water the garden this morning, and even by 9:00 it was HOT.




   



                      
  

No comments: