Saturday, April 16, 2011

Graduation!

Well today was the day...I am officially an EMU grad and it feels good!  I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education.  In a few more weeks, I'll also have state endorsements in Reading and Early Childhood Education.  It really is an amazing feeling to have conquered one of my major goals.  I was always determined to make it to this day but there were definitely moments along the way when I wondered if it would really ever happen.  Today was one of the busiest days I've had in a long time.  I started the morning off with two teacher certification exams, after which I went to commencement ceremonies.  Following that, we had a party at my parent's house with all of my family and a few close friends.  It was a long but lovely day and I am oddly depleted yet energized at the same time.

I am so fortunate to have an amazing network of family and friends who have supported me through it all.  Especially me husband, who has been there through thick and thin to help me make this dream a reality.  I love him and I love this day!!

No comments: